A new version of EulumdatTools 0.13.4.v20150423 was published on April 23 at http://www.fold1.com/eulumdattools/.
IES to EULUMDAT and EULUMDAT to IES conversion was improved:
- There is an option added to swap the length and width of the IES vs the EULUMDAT file. This is selected be default and makes the converted files more in line with the respective standards.
- There is an option added to rotate the Light Distribution Curve by 90° to allow for differences in US and European roadway lighting standards. When converting from IES to LDT there is a 90° clockwise rotation, when going from LDT to IES there is a 90° counter-clockwise rotation. Note that after rotation the resulting file has no define symmetry. Missing symmetry can be detected and corrected with the experimental Sandbox feature.
- Before checking or converting a number of pre-flight checks were added to reduce the number of Error messages presented to the user. Such errors are now shown as file errors in the Problems view.
- Lastly a nasty bug was fixed that disabled the whole Eulumdat validator, when the Sandbox was not present or no Sandbox validators were selected. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
I would like to thank Mikulas Parma of ROBE Lighting s.r.o. for bringing these issues to my attention.
Registered users should install this feature following the steps below, new users should install EulumdatTools first. New users can download an apply for 30 day free evaluation license at the installation site
Installation of EulumdatToolsFor use in Eclipse you can use the standard Eclipse update site
- Windows 32 bit OR Windows 64 bit
- Mac OSX Cocoa 32 bit OR Mac OSX Cocoa 64 bit
- Linux GTK 32 bit OR Linux GTK 64 bit
Installation of Sandbox Feature
Select menu Help / Install New Software... and choose the Eulumdat Tools Sandbox / Sandbox Feature, press Next and follow through with the installation.